Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 58

Today's song is...


I Should Be Allowed To Think


Oddly appropriate song for today. This song has one of my longest standing mis-heard lyrics. I always thought the line was "I should have a college show" and I never could figure out what that meant until I realized I was hearing it wrong. Makes a lot more sense now.

Beautiful song musically. It's not a song I would ever think to include on a list of favorites and yet it is infinitely listenable. And one I think we have all been able to identify with at one point or another.

2 comments:

  1. This is normally the song I'll say when asked my favorite TMBG. It was one of the songs I fell in love with earliest, along with See the Constellation and a bunch of other stuff on Apollo 18. WHen I first got John Henry from the library I didn't know much about tmbg at all and only ripped this song and i think james ensor to my computer. Out of all the awesome stuff on John Henry! What was wrong with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like "Windy" by The Association.

    ReplyDelete