Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 50

Today's song is...


Anaheim





I can't believe it took this long in the random selection process to turn up a Venue Song. I would have thought they would be more prevalent given their quantity. Regardless, this one is really funny. I always enjoy watching them recreate the fake horn noises when I see it live (or at least, the two times I've seen it live that I can remember). I like the scratchy old record quality of the recording. But I must admit, though this one amuses me, there are other Venue Songs I enjoy at lot more than this one.

I think Chris Anderson must be pretty fun to hang out with. He seems game for just about anything from this silly video to walking around with a Q on his head.

2 comments:

  1. That's funny -- I was just thinking yesterday as I commented on Song of the Day 49 how there had been no Venue Songs yet! This is not among my favorite Venue Songs either, but it is pretty funny. I like the line "Put some makeup on that bruise".

    And really, who _wouldn't_ wear a big "Q" on their head for TMBG?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what's funny? Last night I was just catching up on Venue Songs videos I'd never seen (because, for some reason, I skipped a few of them when I first watched the DVD).

    For that reason, I had never seen the Asbury Park video, /or/ the Anaheim video. The ones that have Chris Anderson. I know Asbury Park, the song, very well, but I think I hadn't previously heard Anaheim until last night.

    Oops.

    I should buy Venue Songs.

    ReplyDelete