Friday, December 24, 2010

Song of the Day - Day 39

Today's song is...


Triops Has Three Eyes





"Everything with eyes has some amount of eyes." Awww, this song is adorable as is the video. The scene with the little scientist hugging the tripods' leg? Awwww! And I like the Lil's Giants comic book. I would totally read that!

The other day I was shopping at Newbury Comics and saw a "grow your own triops" kit. Sort of like a sea monkey tank. Somebody is SO getting that for a present someday.

2 comments:

  1. "Everything with eyes / Has some amount of eyes" is one one of my two favorite lyrics off of 123s. And it occurs to me that each verse melody starts off with a major triad. I wonder if there are any other tri- jokes contained within.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Liam had the Uncle Milton's Aquasaurs kit on his Christmas wish list (he's the kid who always wants the Sea Monkeys, ant farm, frog habitat, etc.), and we just got the tank set up today. I didn't know what species the Aquasaurs were until I read the booklet this afternoon-- Triops Longicaudatus! They're not quite as cute as the Triops in the video, but I'm still excited for the eggs to hatch.

    ReplyDelete