Friday, December 3, 2010

Song of the Day - Day 18

Today's song is...


One Everything





I love this song. It is actually one of my favorites from Here Come the 123s. This is one of the kids songs that I feel like could survive on a rock album. The lyrics are insanely clever and, if you think about it, the concept is pretty advanced for little kids. I pretty sure at the age of five, my mind would have been boggled by the verse about drawing a giant circle around everything. Actually, it is still kind of boggled by that verse. And I love the presence of the monster and the random "please, clean your room." I must admit though, I find the singing globe and the boy with the oddly spaced eyes just a tad creepy.

So what do we think? If you drew a giant circle around everything, would there still be such a thing as an outside?

2 comments:

  1. This song was the first to solidly cement in my mind that these guys had undeniable talent. As much as I enjoyed listening along with the kids in the minivan to the ABC's, it was the 123's that I'd listen to when the kids weren't there: Zeroes, One Everything, Triops, Five, Seven, Eight, Nine Bowls of Soup, One Dozen Monkeys, and Nonagon was my 123's playlist. And of those, One Everything is the most solidly constructed. I'd listen and say "Okay, these guys are obviously not _just_ goofballs" :-) .

    Seeing as we share the same omniverse, keeping your room clean is just good manners.

    And as to your question, it doesn't make any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One Everything was the first song I heard from 123's. We were traveling (can't remember where) and trying to keep the kids happy and quiet at the hotel so we put on the Disney Channel. Disney was promoting the new album by playing this video between shows. I remember being so excited to hear it. I ordered the album soon after.

    I agree that the boy with the widely spaced eyes is pretty creepy. The globe I can handle; it sings like Linnell.

    ReplyDelete