Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Song of the Day - Day 36

Today's song is...



Robot Parade


Has anyone else seen that adorable YouTube video of the kids having the actual robot parade all dressed up as robots in cardboard box costumes and there is a dog in costume too? And this song is playing, of course. Wait, here is is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkzLe5Eq1I. It's adorable.

I admit, I kind of prefer the adult version. At least live anyway. I like Flans doing the "boom shakalaka" part and yelling "give me a R, give me another R, give me another R, what does that spell?" "RRRRRR." But I did used to enjoy when they would close shows with the quiet version and Flans would go around saying "good night, Robot Marty, good night, Robot Dan, good night, Robot Danny, good night, Robot John" before they all left the stage. I think there was at least once they all mimed shutting down like robots as he said it. I hope I'm not making that up.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the "Gimme an R!" and then "good night Robot ___!" They did that at my first show, I think. At least the "Gimme an R!" part.

    It's so great to hear the audience go, "RRRRR? Rawr? Rrrrrrrrrrr?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I love the concert stories! :D

    I do like the funny little "boomshakalaka"s and extra stuff Flansburgh adds in on the bonus video for Here Come The ABCs, but in every other way I prefer the kids' version on No!. It's definitely not my favorite kids' song. (I like it a lot, but there are so many other great ones!) I even used to skip it until it started coming on when I had my CD player on shuffle with No! in and I'd get excited about those first few notes before I realized what song was playing and I realized I liked it more than I thought.

    ReplyDelete