Monday, December 13, 2010

Song of the Day - Day 28

I am breaking the random rule on Song of the Day, just this once, to share with you this fabulous video that John, aka, jpreale, has made.


Therefore, today's song is...


On Earth My Nina


And here is the video.



I was particularly surprised by how faithful the second section is to the original song. You can clearly hear the word Thunderbird and the melody is right there. Nifty.

Can I also just tell you that we have characters in Rock Band that are all named after obscure TMBG references and that my girl is called Nina after this song.

3 comments:

  1. Jealous of your Rockband characters. I want to hear more about them.

    I hadn't heard On Earth My Nina until... just now. The comparisons are pretty good. Not as bad as I thought they would be. I commend Linnell on this feat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this! It was a lot of fun to make and to try to get it to look halfway decent. (It was actually so much fun that I've got a second one bouncing around in my head itching to come out, but I'll gladly take any suggestions if anyone has a musical concept they'd like to see instructively visualized. :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite freaky, but very cool! :) I haven't played On Earth My Nina backwards yet, so this was my first time actually hearing the comparison. Thanks, jpreale! Linnell is such an interesting human being. I love that he not only did this for the fun of it but recorded it so the rest of the world could hear it, too. Another thing I found odd was that some of his backwards singing reminded me of the little vocalizations in Rolling O. I'm not really sure why. Anyway, cool idea!

    ReplyDelete