Saturday, December 11, 2010

Song of the Day - Day 26

Today's song is...


Contraption


Hmm, my random selection roll appears to have ended. I admit I actually had to go play to Podcast 23A in order to listen to this song. I'm not entirely sure I had ever heard it before. My terrible fan confession of the day: there are a whole bunch of podcasts that I have never listened to. They were at 32 when I got into the band enough to subscribe to the podcast. I went back and started listening to the earlier ones, but I only got up into the early teens. I don't know that I ever listened to any of the 20s.

This is kind of my new favorite thing though. It's short and silly and yet packs a TON of instruments into 30 seconds. Makes me wonder if was just something silly they put together or if it had a purpose but didn't get used. Someone on the wiki suggested it might be a rejected Dunkin Donuts tune. I'd buy that, or some other similar explanation. But man, it makes me smile :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment