Monday, December 20, 2010

Song of the Day - Day 35

Today's song is...


Dig My Grave


Short and wonderful. When played live this song sometimes achieves momentum akin to a runaway train. There is some great stuff going on in this little tune musically and I really enjoy it as an album starter. I think my favorite performance of it I've seen was it's surprise appearance in Asheville. After Linnell decided he was not yet vocally ready for West Viriginia, which was next on the setlist, and asked for a different song, Flans whipped this one out. I've also seen it done as the last song of the night, which is a little jarring because the song gets you all revved up for more and then, oh wait, the show is over.

1 comment:

  1. I kinda wish "Dig My Grave" were the 12-second song and "Wreck My Car" were the minute-eight one, but I like it well enough.

    ReplyDelete