Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Song of the Day - Day 15

Today's song is....



Hidden Track




The hidden track on Mono Puff's It's Fun to Steal to be more specific (though I guess technically, it is the only one actually called Hidden Track). This is rather appropriate since my boyfriend was just playing this for me in the car the other morning on the way to work. I can't remember if I had ever heard it before that. I don't think so. It is very odd and amusing. Flans sure does come up with some silly stuff when he's playing around with his computer. :-)

3 comments:

  1. The track in question was cooked up by producer Pat Dillett, not Flans. Incidentally, I once spoke to Pat about hidden tracks at a Mono Puff show, and he told me that it was his idea to hide "Token Back To Brooklyn" on Factory Showroom, and that the Johns didn't want to include the song at all.. but he insisted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only know the Mono Puff I've heard on Clock Radio, and I'm not sure if I've heard this one or not. Will have to check out Mono Puff more thoroughly sometime. While I enjoy much of the solo efforts, I do tend to like the Johns together better than separately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, I think you and I are developing some sort of comedy routine where I make hopelessly inaccurate statements which you then have to correct while providing insightful details and behind the scenes trivia. We should take this show on the road. :-)

    ReplyDelete