Sunday, May 29, 2011

Song Of The Day - Day 195

Today's song is...


Whistling In The Dark


When I was just starting to become familiar with TMBG, the lyric "There's only one thing that I know how to do well, and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you, be what you're like, be like yourself" was one of my very first favorites. I just really like that sentiment of be who you are. Do what you want no matter how odd it sounds.

Live, this song is all about Flans and his drum. I have to admit a certain amount of relief when he figured out a way to play the drum and not have to carry it on the last tour because there were times he really struggled with that thing. Drumming with one hand with the mic in the other is no easy feat especially when you can't get the drum to stay up. But oh, it is entertaining to watch no matter what. There was a show in Northampton where they played this and I was standing right in front of an enormous speaker. I could feel each boom of the bass drum vibrating in my chest so hard it made me ill. It was fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. I actually love singing along to this. Flood is not a bad sing-along album.

    ReplyDelete