Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Song Of The Day - Day 183

Today's song is...


Why Did You Grow A Beard?




Breaking the random rule for one day because seriously, have you seen this picture? There simply could not be a different song today.

For the record, the beard is not terrible, only startling, and I am more distressed by Linnell's too short haircut. I look forward to seeing other pictures from this photo shoot, because I checked out some of the photographer's other work and he has taken some amazing shots of musicians, but I am not blown away by this one. I am very interested to see what else he took.

And I really enjoy this song. It's fun and silly and highly quotable in this situation. I also think of it when ever someone cuts me off on the highway like they did yesterday. It falls under the category of "I can't believe they actually recorded that" songs. The existence of this category is one of the things I love most about these guys.

5 comments:

  1. Okay, Flans is owning the beard, but it is creeping me out a little. One more reason he is the founding father of mine and Ana's aging hipster blog.

    Linnell's hair will grow back between now and every show they do this summer. And then he'll show up one afternoon with shockingly short hair, again, and the cycle will continue.

    As for the song, I'd like to point out that this is the second-- count it, second-- time this song has applied to one of the band members. Remember Linnell's pseudo-beard that one time?

    I love the song, however. Strange, but oddly appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song, best use of fixed-interval harmonizer (major 2nd) since Robot Parade (major 3rd). Animals rule this land!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flans is looking really hot.

    -Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This photo is the new lockscreen for my iPhone, so obviously I like it okay. Flans looks great, though I don't generally like beards. Guess we really can't leave him alone for five minutes! While he was sporting a light mustache at the Talent Show, I don't recall even a hint of a beard. Linnell's hair cut is more distressing to me, but I'll survive. It'll grow back... hopefully even noticeably so by Toronto. Honestly, there is probably no way for these two men to groom themselves out of my heart -- even if they shaved themselves bald. So I'll try not to nitpick too much. :-) I too am looking forward to seeing the rest of the photos from this shoot.

    As for the SOTD -- it's fantastic. I love the beat, love the harmony, love the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aak! How weird. It took about a dozen tries to view this picture, but I finally got to see it. I'd like to see the rest of the picture from the shoot you are referring to.
    And the song is one of those few I'm pretty indifferent to. Nice rhythm, though.

    ReplyDelete