Monday, May 2, 2011

Song Of The Day - Day 168

Today's song is...


Working Undercover for the Man


Oooo, I love this song. I find the idea behind it, of a band actually being undercover agents in disguise, really amusing. I think that would actually make a pretty good plot of a TV show. This is pretty high on my list of songs I would like to hear live. I just really want a shot at singing along with the "Sha-la-la-la-la-la" part. Sigh. This one just makes me happy. Going to work humming now.

2 comments:

  1. Great closer, feels like I'm being sung to sleep with a lullaby of cynical betrayal :-) .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, this song is a great closer. MInk Car is one of my favorite TMBG albums because the songs and the album artwork seem to fit each other well. The entirety of the album has this sleepily self-aware (if that made /any/ sense) quality to it. Working Undercover for the Man just closes it perfectly. And it's so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete