Thursday, May 19, 2011

Song Of The Day - Day 178

(So apparently, due to some sort of glitch, the SOTD from....last Thursday never posted. Here it is to prove I didn't purposefully forget.)

Today's song is...





So Long, Mockingbird



Not one of my preferred Mono Puff tunes but it is rather pretty. I find I like the version with instruments and Flans on vocals better than the a cappella version with the band. That would have needed more harmonies to work. The ending is pretty harsh either way, which is, I think, what keeps me from really enjoying it.

2 comments:

  1. I have this on a mix CD in my car somewhere. I actually do enjoy this song quit a bit; it has an early-rock feel. There's something sort of anachronistic about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading this post, so it did show up at some point. But I didn't comment on it then because I'm pretty sure I've never heard this song. I've only heard a couple Mono Puff songs and it's been a lonnnnng time.

    ReplyDelete