Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Song Of The Day - Day 163

Today's song is...


Lucky Ball and Chain


This poor songs gets lost in my mind between Birdhouse and Istanbul. It's a great song but one I never think about unless I am listening to it. The only thing that comes to mind when considering it is the first Flood show at LPR when Linnell had the volume on the gunshot turned up super loud and startled Flansburgh quite humorously. Linnell looked very pleased with himself and there was some funny banter about it after the song that I don't recall the specifics of. But I really do enjoy the song. It might even be in my top 25 Flans songs. If I actually thought about it.

3 comments:

  1. This is probably one of my favorite TMBG verses:

    Confidentially
    I never told you of her charms
    Confidentially
    We never had a home
    But this railroad apartment
    Was the perfect place
    When she'd sit and hold me in her arms

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one too. When Flood came out, I was getting ready to transition to college and my horizons expanded a bit (which meant the start of my losing track of TMBG for many years). Thus I have weaker old memories of Flood songs relative to those from the Pink Album and Lincoln (in fact, when I rediscovered the band years later, there were some songs from Flood that I couldn't remember at all). But this is one whose memory stands out for me -- not sure why. Maybe because I find it really catchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this one as well, and I enjoyed your story about the gunshot noise and Rebecca's memory story. :) It is a very catchy song, and, like many TMBG songs, it's one I can relate to in a way that is probably completely off-the-mark for anyone else's interpretation, but is still my personal interpretation at times. (That was a rambly sentence that probably did not make a bit of sense. Sorry.)

    ReplyDelete