Monday, April 25, 2011

Song Of The Day - Day 161

Today's song is...


Dog On Fire


Yay, Daily Show! This song works so well as theme music for a fake news program, you'd think it was written for it. I've always wondered a little about the original version of it and how different TMBG's cover is, but never enough to look it up (and my internet is completely dead so I can't do it now). The word I have always heard the band use to describe this theme is "bombastic" which is quite appropriate. Side note, I don't think I had ever heard the entire song, past what plays at the beginning of the show, until right this second. (Bad fan! But thank goodness for my virtually untouched folder of random extra tracks!)

2 comments:

  1. I did not know they performed this song for the longest time. I'm a horrible TDS/TMBG fan. It's sort of comforting to know that the song I've become so attached to in my fake news obsession was performed my favorite band. The weird six degrees of separation concept is so evident in comedy and music. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song reminds me of how pretty much every famous person I'm obsessed with knows each other.

    ReplyDelete