Friday, March 25, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 130

Today's song is...


Maine

Can I still claim I'm from a State Songs state if I don't live there any longer? Cause I feel like I should be able to. And I lived in Maine for the first 22 years of my life. It's not really a punch in the mouth unless you count the winters. It's a great state and a great song. I think my favorite part of the song is the big drum boom right before he says Maine every time. Excellent keyboard part as well and the drums in general. Just an all around great song.

4 comments:

  1. My favorite State Song! And I'm not even from Maine (though I did spend most of my childhood summers there and probably a tenth of the population of Millinocket is comprised of my Dad's family -- does that count?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. While everyone knows the real coup is to live in the state with the best Venue Song :-) , it's still pretty cool to hail from a cool State Song state (almost makes me wish I came from Iowa). Maine the song is very excellent, and while I wouldn't want to live there for a bunch of reasons, Maine the state is a great place to visit. The evenings of startling quiet and brilliant skies outside Millinocket and the blueberry fields and ancient houses around Machias are what come to mind when I think of the state, and there really is no psychological connection between those associations and the music of the song that I can discern. Oh well. Iowa isn't _really_ a witch either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Not my favorite State Song, but it's definitely in the top five. And living in Maine only makes it cooler. I like to play it when I'm coming home over the Piscataqua River bridge after a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I say this is my favorite State Song. Sometimes. I've never really fully interpreted this song. I should. I like it too much not to.

    You are safe to claim you are from a State Songs state.

    ReplyDelete