Friday, March 11, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 116

Today's song is...


C is for Conifers





This is an amusing if slightly dragging entry into the kids music field. But hey, it has a banjo! The line "pruned into that shape by someone" has always bugged me though. It just doesn't flow well. It breaks up the pseudo-rhyming pattern. At least in the previous verse house and about don't necessarily rhyme, but they kind of do and they sound similar enough that it works. Dog and someone just aren't even close and I find it jarring. I still like the song. It's just not super high on my list of favorites.

1 comment:

  1. Once again, this song has been in my head all day for no apparent reason, and then I come here and it's song of the day. Weird weird weird.

    I get what you mean about the line that bugs you.
    This isn't a favorite of mine, either, but I like the banjo and the chorus and songs about trees. I like that it's sort of a "Here Comes" preview for future albums -- Science and, if you really want to push it, 123s (more than five-hundred kinds). :] And I think the water-color-y video is pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete