Sunday, March 20, 2011

Song Of The Day - Day 125

Today's song is...


Arkansas


I want to love this song, I really do, but it is just so plodding that I get bored with it before it finishes. I like the story the song tells, I even like the music, if only it were played just a bit faster. This lies somewhere in the middle of my list if we were rating State Songs. One of my favorite things associated with it, I think I mentioned before in my State Songs post. It's this quote from the wiki: "However, none of these ships have been the same size or shape of Arkansas, as such a project would be extremely difficult to build, and probably wouldn't float." Kudos to whomever did that edit. That is exactly my kind of humor. Actually, the whole song is my kind of humor, if only it didn't put me to sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Aw, I like Arkansas. It's on my "songs to listen to when you're sad" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though this is not my favorite State Song, I tend to listen to State Songs when I need something to cheer me up or when I want to be comforted by music. Arkansas kind of falls into the latter category.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've said it before, but I'll say it again... I feel exactly as you do about this song, Kelly: really want to like it and get totally bored before reaching the half-way point.

    ReplyDelete