Thursday, March 17, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 122

Today's song is...


Eight Hundred And Thirteen Mile Car Trip

This is the story of my life with this band. Actually 813 miles is on the conservative side in terms of number of miles I've driven to see a show by several hundred miles. This reminds me of the drive to Nashville last spring when we were in fact counting things on the side of the road as we drove, though they were cows and giant crosses rather than trees and pick-up trucks.

I'd also like to use this song as proof, to all those who bemoan the children's music, that the band does not skimp on the musicality just because they are writing for kids. This song rocks hard. I think I might need to go back and add it onto my list of favorite guitar songs. And it totally kicks ass live. I think this is the one we got to hear them soundcheck in Boston with no vocals and it even sounded amazing as an instrumental.

Plus it's got the video by the incredible Pascal Campion. This song just wins on so many levels.

2 comments:

  1. Good song. Good Linnell faces and arm gestures. I've heard this live a bunch of times, but I don't think I've ever heard the album version. I discovered the same thing about Pirate Girls Nine a few months ago. Hmmm. Off to check!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For as many times as I've heard this song, off the DVD no less, I've never seen the video. Such is the fate of the driving parent. Throwaway lyrics, but pretty damn awesome instrumentally.

    ReplyDelete