Saturday, March 19, 2011

Song Of The Day - Day 124

Today's song is...

Duende


This seems kind of wrong, considering the song hasn't even been released yet, and especially considering I really think the name of the song might turn out to be Three Might Be Duende. But it is what came up on the randomizer and the randomizer rules. At least it wasn't one of the new ones that no one has even heard yet.

This song will always hold a special place in my heart for being the first rock song I heard live pre-release. I may have given more attention to Canajoharie (and honestly I prefer that as a song) but the fact will always remain that this one came first, if only by about 10 minutes. And I am quite fond of it. I enjoy all the play on words that populate the lyrics and it's a real stumper when it comes to figuring out what the song is really about. Plus it really is a march as the song says and has quite a unique melody from any of the band's other work. I am really looking forward to hearing it in it's finished form. Its so much fun seeing a song come together!

1 comment:

  1. Trapped in this time, lost in his rhyme, one might be Duende defined!

    I love this song. And I love that I've been present at the two shows where they've played it live, and that I figured out the "and though he's a worthy emcee" part of the lyrics because I remembered it from Mohegan. I'm kind of nervous to hear the album version because I'm afraid I won't like it as much. But really, great song.

    ReplyDelete