Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Song Of The Day - Day 127

Today's song is...


Now We Have To Go


Words can not express how much I enjoyed the Friday Night Video Podcasts or how sad I am that they stopped. Those puppets are the best. I can remember getting home from work on a Friday night all excited to sit down and watch them dress up as robots or pirates or whatever the theme of the week was. It was one of the few pieces of TMBG history that I got to experience in real time and wasn't completely late to the party (OK, I was a little late, I had to go back and find the early episodes).

Anyway, as such I have a deep fondness for this song. I love the back and forth between the two Johns as they sing the "What if I don't want to go?" "But you do." "Maybe so." And the humorous little do-do-do improvs that carried off over the credits. Occasionally, I find myself trying to picture the filming of these podcasts and just being really, really amused. Maybe someday, just once, they could sing this to close a show. Cause that would really make my day.

1 comment:

  1. This song has been playing in my head since I read this entry yesterday, and I'm glad because I had kind of forgotten about it. I like it a lot. And I love those puppets. :)

    ReplyDelete