Thursday, March 10, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 115

Today's song is...


Love Is Eternity


Cue the chirping birds. This song is home to the lyric I find most profound in the catalog: "Remember love's a verb." I'm sure it's not an original idea but it is such a necessary and true sentiment. I feel like the songs pokes fun at itself being a sappy love song a little, what with the birds and the sing songy melody but as usual TMBG doesn't skimp on the musicality, even when writing a cute little song for a friend of a friend.

What I really want to know is what I have to do to get TMBG to write a song for my wedding? Because you know, it's not like I have fantasies about the band playing at my wedding or anything. No, not at all. But I would totally settle for a nice personalized song (wink, wink).

1 comment:

  1. Yes, this one definitely pokes fun at itself, but I love it. It's adorable, chirping birds and all. And I think it's sweet that the guys are certified appointed fans of marriage. It just makes me happy to think of them being happy in that way. And I'm totally on board with getting the band to write a song for your wedding. Maybe we can all chip in and commission one. :-)

    P.S. I know John already told you that I sometimes like to substitute "John and Lena" (Lena being my nickname from college) into this song. A bit silly, but it just fits so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete