Monday, February 21, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 98

Today's song is...


Twisting


Until I started listening to so many live show recordings I had no idea how often the band has played this song live over the years. I knew I'd heard it a lot, but I also went to a lot of Flood shows so I figured I was getting it by default. But did you know it's been played more often than Ana Ng and Don't Let's Start? A quick search only produces a half dozen songs that have been performed more often. This kind of blew my mind a little. Because I don't think of it as being that much of a signature song. To be honest, I've grown a little tired of it. It certainly does rock live, but I don't find it to be one of their strongest songs lyrically, though it does have a few zingers. It's just not a song I think about much. But the band obviously enjoys it or they wouldn't play it so often. Because it's not like Particle Man or Birdhouse or Istanbul where they keep playing them because the audience demands it. This seems like one they keep playing because they want to. Something to think about.

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I missed this song of the day, and I really like it! Interesting write-up. :) I don't have anything interesting to add. I find it odd that there are no comments on this one yet. Yay Flood!

    ReplyDelete