Sunday, February 13, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 90

Today's song is...


Yeh Yeh


I find it interesting that TMBG chooses to cover so many songs on subjects that are completely opposite to those they usually sing about. Have you ever noticed that almost all of their "happy love songs" are covers? What makes them choose these songs to cover when they avoid writing on these themes themselves?

I like this one fine as a cover. It's kind of sweet. And also a not so subtle euphemism about sex. But still, kind of sweet. Maybe I should have saved this one for tomorrow ;-)

5 comments:

  1. This song makes me wanna dance around like Sylvester in "It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once heard the original in Trader Joe's, and my phone was dead so I couldn't tweet about it and inform my Twitter friends. I think I told you that on AIM.

    I actually really like this song. It's kind of fun. Also Linnell on-- I believe-- tenor sax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this song a lot. I heard the original one morning at Hannaford and started laughing maniacally in the dairy aisle. That was before my Twitter days, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, Megan's comment made me laugh out loud. X) I would have probably done the same thing.

    I like this song a lot, too. Makes me want to dance like a crazy person. I've never heard the original, as far as I know. I'll probably look it up one of these days. But as far as I'm concerned, TMBG's version IS my original. Woohoo Mink Car! :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the original, and this is better! Plus bari sax Linnell cannot be beat. You can hear Flans smile in the vocal. And yes, dance like a crazy person!!

    ReplyDelete