Thursday, February 24, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 101

Today's song is...


Stormy Pinkness


"I can hear the women shouting but I can't hear any of the men."

It was a very long time before I ever heard any version of this song other than the "Love Version" so I pretty much had no idea what the lyrics were because you can't really hear them over all the people shouting "Love." But, oh, I am quite fond of that version. Even if it is one of the songs that will keep me from every reaching my goal of hearing every song on the Dial-A-Song collection live.

I also like the instrumentation of the traditional version. It's got kind of a dreamy quality to it. Waltz time. "Choose your partner."

4 comments:

  1. I cannot think of a time in my fandom where I did not love this song. The lyrics are typically Linnellian, but I feel like there is some sort of sentiment to them. I dunno. But I like it. It's a comforting song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this song too. Simple and strangely sweet.
    "Don't let that fool you."

    ReplyDelete
  3. (A fine enough song, but I won't let them fool me into agreeing that it's a waltz in 3/4 time. Way too fast for a waltz step. It's in 6/8. (I only nitpick those I love.))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I haven't heard this song in a lonnng time. I kind of forgot about it. Except that the title pops into my head whenever I hear of "stormy conditions".
    I remember liking it, but I don't think it really had a huge impact on me. Thus the forgetting. I listened to it on MySpace. That's where I first heard a lot of TMBG songs after I bought The User's Guide, Flood, and Apollo 18.

    "Even if it is one of the songs that will keep me from every reaching my goal of hearing every song on the Dial-A-Song collection live."

    What do you mean?

    ReplyDelete