Monday, June 27, 2011

Song of The Day - Day 224

Today's song is...


Kids Go!


I admit it. I am really quite fond of this song. It really does make me want to "get up and go, go, go!" I like the big brassy horn arrangement and I'm even fond of the DJ style dance break (my favorite part of the book that goes with the song is the page that says *dance break*). Can I tell you how excited I was when I found out Pascal Campion was illustrating this book? (I was REALLY excited.) Monkeys, monkeys, dancing monkeys everywhere. Did you know that there are official dance moves for this song too? If you go to the PBS Kids page that features the song and the original video for it, there is a link to a PDF detailing dance moves so you can dance along with the kids in the video. I would dearly like to see someone choreograph a video with these dance moves. Possibly with monkeys. Someone get on that, please.

1 comment:

  1. I really love this song, and I love when Linnell jumps up and down at the keyboard during live performances. I've never heard the studio version, though.

    ReplyDelete