Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Song of The Day - Day 225

Today's song is...


The Famous Polka


Remember that one time we were at that kids show and they played this and Flans randomly decided to sing the lyrics at the end?! Or the time they did the super fast version after the regular version and it was hilarious because they only played about half the notes in order to make it go faster. Or that show in Lancaster when they played the last song but Flans wasn't ready for the show to end so he busted into this spontaneously, and I had never heard it live before. There are some really good memories attached to this song.

Actually, I just really love this song, in general, mostly for the accordion part, but also to a lesser extent the guitar. It's fast and fun and crash through the stage dancy (literally). I love how every member of the band gets a solo and a shot at the "see how fast I can play" game, when they play it live. I pretty much love everything about this song (except the fact that it just knocked Paleontologist out of the running in the song brackets, but even that, I guess I can understand.)

2 comments:

  1. The Famous Polka! Such a fun song. I may have heard it played live with lyrics once, I don't remember. Does anyone else feel like the studio performance sounds live? Or maybe I'm just thinking about how "live" the song feels anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was making up a list of all the bracket results that made me sad, and making the list made me sad. I'm less willing than you to forgive this song knocking out Paleontologist in round 1. Famous Polka. Deleted!!

    ReplyDelete