Thursday, June 16, 2011

Song Brackets

So do you guys remember back in April when I was starting the Photo Contest and I said that I would be doing something similar with songs to count down to the release of Join Us? Well, that time has come.

Starting tomorrow I will be pitting TMBG songs against each other in a test of wills. Horrible choices will have to be made. Favorite songs will be sacrificed along the way. Power house songs could be tossed out in the first round just by the luck of the draw. And hopefully everyone can have a little fun for the next month while we wait for the new album.

This is how it's going to work. I have selected 128 songs from the catalog, more or less randomly. Every day I will post a group of these songs to vote on. Pairs will be chosen at random (I will literally be picking from a hat.) Initially there will be eight pairs a day, then four, then two, etc. You will have three days to vote on each pair before the polls close. Once it gets down to the end that time shortens to two days (and there is one day at the very end with no post just because the numbers worked out that way). Ultimately, on the 18th, the last day before the album, one song will be declared the victor. Will it be your favorite? You'll just have to wait and see.

Happy voting!

P.S. If anyone has a clever name for the Label on this one, please share it!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I have been looking forward to this since you first announced the idea... though I think I will be terribly stressed and pained by some of the choices I'll be forced to make. As for a label name, a couple mediocre ideas immediately come to mind:
    I'd Like This Song to be Number One
    Vote or Don't
    Battle of the Songs

    I'll see if anything better strikes me later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'd Like This Song to be Number One" is not a "mediocre" idea, it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'd Like This Song to be Number One" is AMAZING. Perfect perfect!

    (I am already a little stressed out about this contest, by the way. Bring it on.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, "I'd Like This Song To Be Number One" is a great title! :)
    And yes, this seems like a very stressful yet intriguing activity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad Rebecca had a good idea, because mine was just a hair too long:
    "And now, for songs, you're voters now
    And now, for songs, you're voters now
    And now, for songs, you're voters now
    For songs, you're voters now"

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahaha! They're equally awesome! XD

    ReplyDelete