Friday, June 24, 2011

Song of The Day - Day 221

Today's song is...


Bangs


Another perfectly great song that I never think about. I even tuned out while listening to it before I started writing this (though I was thinking about ideas for a Can't Keep Johnny Down video, so that should be excusable). I am rather fond of the drums and the harmonies in this song. And it is automatically on my list of songs I would like to hear live because, as I have said before, my goal is to hear every song on the Dial-A-Song collection and this is one of the dozen or so I have left.

2 comments:

  1. Bangs is a lovely song! To me, this is the perfect example of a Linnellian love song: focusing not on the subject of endearment, but on something so small and nearly trivial-- in this instance, her bangs. And yes, I often overlook Bangs, but I do enjoy it immensely; it's the perfect opening to Mink Car, one of my favorite TMBG albums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it for the modulations up a minor third and back down again, and for the "proscenium to stage a face that needs no makeup" line (since falling hard for Alex Lisee in '88 and attending Oberlin from '89-'94, I feel like I have an atypical preference for the makeupless female face, at least compared to my cohort of northern NJ males).

    ReplyDelete