Monday, March 26, 2012

Song of the Day - Day 497

Today's song is...


(She Was A) Hotel Detective In The Future


I find it so interesting that the three Hotel Detective songs share no similarities when it comes to musical style. The only thing connecting them is the subject. And I find this one interesting because I don't think there is a bit of music in the song that wasn't electronically created. Even the vocals have been manipulated. I suspect this was something Linnell put together entirely on his own and handed to Flansburgh when he asked if he had anything kicking around to use on the podcast. Or maybe not. It could also just as likely be something they cooked up together while they were messing around between takes on something else. Who knows. But it's fun and silly and I'm glad it exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment