Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Song of the Day - Day 484

Today's song is...


I Am A Human Head


I only just noticed the remark on the wiki that this was rejected for No! for being too creepy. No kidding! There is something exceptionally creepy about the entire concept of this song. I try not to think too hard about the sequence of events described because it is a little disturbing. But so very, very Linnellian. And that same tmbg.com quote is also correct that Dan Miller does turn in some very nice guitar work. Good job, Dan. The song is still super creepy though.

1 comment:

  1. Every TMBG song that mentions (non-Edith) heads, especially in a manner that suggests decapitation (including cephalophores), reminds me of Paul & Storm's "If They Might Be Giants Were the Ice Cream Man."

    On the subject of keeping the kids (No!) away from the super creepy songs, I'm eternally relieved that my son, perhaps to this day, believes that the first track on "Apollo 18" is "Dig My Grape." Saved by the mondegreen!

    ReplyDelete