Sunday, March 4, 2012

Song of the Day - Day 475

Today's song is...


Cloisonné


I was not an immediate fan of this song, though it has grown on me over time. But I felt a bit out of the loop when pretty much everyone I knew was over the moon about it when the preview tracks were released and I was just "ehh." It is certainly amusing. The raindrop and the Sleestaks keep things entertaining. The horn arrangement is definitely excellent and I enjoy all the various electronic drum sounds. But in the end I think it was seeing it live that finally sold me. The face that Flans makes when doing the raindrop voice is priceless and that first performance at the Apple Store when Linnell picked up the bass clarinet and Danny approached the keyboard I nearly fell out of my chair I was so excited. I have been continually impressed with how Marty manages to duplicate all the electronic drum sounds and rhythms on an actual drum kit (with a little electronic help). And the jam session at the end of the song between Flans, Dan and Linnell is a sight to see. And I've actually seen this song live more than any other Join Us track (32 times for those keeping count at home).

No comments:

Post a Comment