Friday, July 22, 2011

Song of The Day - Day 249

Today's song is...


Minimum Wage


A few things about this song:

1. I believe this song holds special meaning for anyone who has actually worked for minimum wage and tried to survive (and I have.)

2. Because I spent such a long time listening to the Dial A Song collection in my early fandom, I perpetually expect this song to lead in to Man, It's So Loud In Here. Even when I hear it live, so I am constantly just a little disappointed.

3. At the Life Is Good Festival last year, one of the acts before TMBG was the Big Apple Circus and they had a cowboy who did nifty tricks with a whip. I really thought the band missed a giant opportunity by not inviting the guy out to solo with them on this song.

4. This song is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment