Thursday, July 21, 2011

Song Of The Day - Day 247

In all the travel and excitement yesterday I never got around to posting the Song of the Day, so this is actually the one from Wednesday. It is...


On The Drag

This was one of the songs on the mix CD my boyfriend gave me long before we were dating. There were a couple of TMBG songs on it and they were really my first introduction to the band, years before I started listening to them. For a while I didn't even know the song was a TMBG song. And as a result of that complete disassociation from the rest of the catalog I am still surprised every time I hear it that it IS a TMBG song. I just can't make it blend back in with the rest of their material. All of my association with it is to that mix CD.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love On The Drag. The realization that I lived really close to St. Mark's Place when I moved to New York was a funny one. On The Drag is just a fun song. I did immediately enjoy it when I first heard it.

    ReplyDelete