Monday, July 18, 2011

And The Winner Is.....

Ok, I guess it's not very surprising or exciting that Birdhouse In Your Soul took home the prize in this tense, month-long battle of songs. But I find it reassuring in some way. It is, after all, a really excellent song.

This game wraps up just as IFC members and digital downloaders are digging in to Join Us and CD purchasers are enjoying their last few hours of anticipation. For myself, I don't think I've ever looked forward to an album more than this one. And I was a bit worried that no album could possibly live up to my anticipation. I am so very, very pleased to have been wrong. I love this album more than I ever thought possible.

You can expect a full album review from me within the next few days as well as an explosion of show write-ups in the next two weeks. In the meantime, due to the need for an emergency trip to NYC tomorrow for wristband acquisition I am sorry to say that I can't appear in our chat group tomorrow night after all. But I shall be on AIM from now until I need to sleep if anyone wants to come squee with me about Join Us. My user name is bluecanary0221. Come find me!

Also, I am starting a small project, the exact nature of which remains unclear at the moment but I need your help. I wish to collect pictures of people holding their copies of Join Us. Be it your CD, your vinyl or just your iPod with the album cover art displayed. Excited happy faces with that day-glo pink hearse. Be creative or just smile with your album. I'm gonna put them all together and make something which I will eventually share with you all. Send pictures along to me at theroommustlistentome@gmail.com and thank you in advance for indulging me.

2 comments:

  1. I got my copy earlier today in the mail. :) It's really good and "When Will You Die" will probably be one of my all time favorite TMBG songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Birdhouse. Why didn't I see this coming?

    In all honesty, I voted for Ana Ng but I'm glad to see Birdhouse win. It is a lovely song.

    ReplyDelete