Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Song of The Day - Day 246

Today's song is...


Celebration


In honor of the celebration of the release of Join Us of course! This is my second favorite track on the album (I already told you about the first one). I'll save my complete thoughts on it for my album review, but I love the lyrics and the celebratory theme. I have this whole theory about how Celebration the song relates to "celebration" the thing they yell when they screw up and want to start over. I deeply, deeply love the arrangement particularly the bass and the drums. Oh god, the drums. The "fill for Phil" at the end kills me. KILLS ME. I love the analogy between the audience and a Bosch painting. Because, have you ever seen a Bosch painting? They are full of completely weird, f'd up things. And that is exactly us, the audience. "A little bit better and ready for some Celebration. Some time to get louder and not by yourself." This rock and roll girl is insanely happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment