Saturday, August 21, 2010

#22 - The Dunkin Donuts Ads

TMBG's string of Dunkin Donut ads were one of my very early introductions to the band. I was actually aware of the ads before I knew they were TMBG and was very excited to learn this fact later. While some call these little commercial ditties selling out, I call them not only clever and catchy advertising but also just fun and silly little songs that stand on their own even outside the ad. I really appreciate that TMBG does not compromise on their music no matter what they are writing. For the most part, these are fully realized 30 second rock songs. And the DD folks didn't due to bad with the visuals either. These two are my favs. I especially love the turtle in the second one.




2 comments:

  1. Haha, nice! Did these actually appear on television? I like how the people in the commericals are lipsynching to the Johns. I don't know why, but it's very amusing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they were on TV all the time, at least up here anyway. There are 18 of them (plus a couple of radio ads) that aired for a couple of years between '06 and '08.

    I remember being particularly shocked that the Karate ad I has seen a billion times was TMBG.

    ReplyDelete