Monday, August 30, 2010

#14 - Higher Education

If it weren't for TMBG, I would never remember that James K. Polk was our 11th president. I wouldn't have a clue who James Ensor was. I would not know what causes the nuclear reactions on the sun, or that an echidna was a mammal or that marmalade originated in Scotland (or at least one particular kind did). I would probably still be confused about the difference between speed and velocity and I wouldn't remember nearly as much about the blood cycle as I do. And I most definitely would not immediately think Constantinople when ever I shelf a travel guide to Istanbul at work.

As someone who relies heavily on popular culture for a significant amount of the knowledge I have retained, I am eternally grateful to TMBG for furthering my education and providing me with catchy tunes to help me remember facts that will, hopefully, someday help me win Jeopardy. Or at the very least a game of Trivial Pursuit.

1 comment:

  1. :)

    If only all things were learned by way of catchy, clever TMBG songs!

    ReplyDelete