Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 385

Today's song is...


The Lady and the Tiger


I think it says something about how incredibly strong an album Join Us is, that I love this song, I mean really LOVE this song, and yet it doesn't quite even crack my Top 5 songs on the album (though numbers 5-7 fluctuate a lot). There are two things that really stand out to me about it. First is the lyrics. So many good lines. "Point taken cat, I can well see that." That one is my personal favorite but I also like, "Felines and dames in flames will hardly serve your aims. Do you surmise it's wise, to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?" and "But in my dreams it seems, my eyes are always shooting laser beams." Just the way the words rhyme and flow together is incredibly pleasing. And the other thing that stands out is the horn arrangement which is just phenomenal. And of course the drums are pretty kickin' too. Actually, the whole song is just kick-ass in general :-)

1 comment:

  1. I have a hard time choosing favorite songs from Join Us, but this one is definitely up there. I would really love to hear this one live someday. It's clearly Liam's favorite Join Us song (and possibly his favorite song of all time). He always chooses it first when we play "pick a TMBG song" while driving in the car.

    ReplyDelete