Saturday, December 3, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 383

Today's song is...


Olive, The Other Reindeer


Does it bother anyone else that the lyric say "and now this song must end" and then the song continues on for another minute? Otherwise it's a very cute song. I always liked the concept of the Olive book even though I never read it. I just liked the idea of the dog who wanted to be a reindeer. And here Linnell...excuse me, I meant Mr. Hart.... has written a sweet little song about it, set to an organ. With an electronic instrumental end. Ok, it's a little odd, I admit, but fun.

1 comment:

  1. Never thought about the "song must end" lyric, but that mirrors what happens in "Everything Right Is Wrong Again", doesn't it? :]

    The really weird part is that I was singing this song in my head about an hour before you posted this... and I haven't heard it in years. The heck? Hahahah

    ReplyDelete