Sunday, December 4, 2011

Happy Birthday, Danny!!

The bass, the bass, the bass is Danny Weinkauf! And today is our favorite bass player's birthday, so please join me in wishing him a totally rockin' birthday and another fantastic year ahead. Whisper it like you're screaming!

I've been struggling all day to come up with a way to put into words the sentiment I'd like to express. But I've come to the conclusion that nothing I could write would be as meaningful as the simple birthday greeting that Danny left me on my birthday was to me. In the words of one of my dear friends, Danny is "everything that is great about rock and roll and none of the stupid parts". He is talented, generous, caring, funny and a really damn nice guy. He truly is the best.

So I'll just say thank you. Thanks, Danny, for being you. Thanks for sharing your enormous talent with the fans. Thanks for bringing such boundless energy, joy, and straight up rock n' roll to every performance. Thanks for the hundred little kindnesses I've seen you bestow upon delighted fans. Thanks for knocking people's socks off leaping off that drum riser. Thanks for every single one of those wicked bass solos and for making the bass line in Ana Ng something I look forward to in every show. Thank you for another memorable year of being a TMBG fan and the prospect of another fantastic year ahead. Thanks for always being enormously kind and endlessly tolerant of the crazy fangirl with the pigtails. And thank you for each and every one of those smiles aimed in my direction. It's a little thing, but it means the world to me. I sincerely hope you have the very best birthday a body could ask for.

And don't tell the other guys, but you'll always be my favorite ;-)


TMBG 6/11/11 #41

TMBG 7/21/11 #40

TMBG 7/30/11 #18

TMBG 9/8/11 #27

TMBG 9/11/11 #5

TMBG 9/13/11 #5

TMBG 9/14/11 #2

TMBG 9/27/11 #40

TMBG 9/28/11 #23

TMBG 10/1/11 #42

TMBG 10/29/11 #4

TMBG 10/30/11 #24

Happy Birthday, Danny! Rock on! Keep on reaching for new heights!

2 comments:

  1. What a great birthday post for a great guy, Kelly. Thanks for speaking so eloquently for all us fans.

    And rock on into another terrific year, Danny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I missed this! Happy belated birthday, Danny! Your red pants and Wriststrong bracelet shall march onto another great year. (:

    ReplyDelete