Thursday, November 24, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 374

Today's song is...


Unrelated Thing


This is another song I always forget about except when I'm listening to it. If you asked me to name on the songs on John Henry I wouldn't remember this one. And conversely I probably never could have told you what album it was on without looking it up. But it's a perfectly good song. I appreciate the relatively simple arrangement with prominent guitar and bass. I think I find it forgettable because the lyrics don't stand out for me. But they do make me wonder if Linnell often encounters problems with people talking to him while he isn't paying attention because his mind has wandered off to write another song or think about mile markers on the highway or some other unrelated thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment