Thursday, November 17, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 367

Today's song is...


Space Suit


What a nice instrumental. Lovely accordion and all those spacey sounds. But I absolutely can't listen to this song without being reminded of the pinpoint spot light of LPR pointed at the outstretched finger of Dan Miller as he prepared to man the Kaoss Pad for the night's second performance of this song. So much drama and anticipation and such a great performance of the song. That is one of my favorite live show memories for sure.

4 comments:

  1. This is my favorite instrumental of theirs, my favorite album closer too (yes, more than End Of The Tour). And most importantly for me, this was like one of about a half dozen songs that got to me early, and got me thinking "I just might love this band". Love that guitar sound and the off-beat pulses and the beautiful melody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh -- Space Suit! This may very well be my favorite TMBG instrumental. And it's the perfect closer to Apollo 18.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder we've been married for almost 19 years, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once did an analysis of this for a make up lesson in band during high school. I wish I'd saved it. It was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete