Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 357

This is actually yesterday's song. The wiki wouldn't load in the morning for me to pick a song and then I never got back to my computer the rest of the day.

So yesterday's song is...


Money For Dope


This incredibly random list of items is fascinating and so Linnellian. This is like the definition of Linnellian. This is one of my favorites of the new songs on ARNATQ. I'm glad it made it into the world. I understand what Flans was saying about this not making it onto Join Us because they already had a list song on Join Us and really, You Don't Like Me, is the stronger song but I am still really glad we got to hear this one too. I really love the idea of Linnell sitting around picking out all these items just for their lyrical flow and interestingness.

2 comments:

  1. I like this way more than You Don't Like Me, but I can see why it didn't make the album. (Also, "Avocado Sleeping Bag" is the name of my New Wave revival post-punk electronica dance band, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avocado Sleeping Bag is my favorite band. That aside, this song is terribly Linnellian, and I adore it. I think You Don't Like Me is stronger, but Money for Dope is a little more experimental. I do prefer the latter, though.

    ReplyDelete