Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 372

Today's song is...


Dog Walker


This was the last song on Join Us to win me over. Most of the others I loved immediately or very soon afterward. This one had to grow on me. Because my initial reaction was just "WTF, Flans?" And I think I have a harder time enjoying songs when I just completely don't get them but they also seem like there is something going on. I can deal with not getting songs that I believe are total nonsense, but I hate feeling like I'm missing something. Well, I can't say I ever figured this one out but I just learned to accept it. And you know what finally won me over? The line "My mind is gonna wreck all y'all. All y'all." Because how can you not love a song with that line? Especially sung in that voice. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Also, because it's me and it's Join Us and I can't not say it, the drums are pretty frickin' awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment