Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 359

Today's song is...


AKA Driver


This is one of my favorite Flansburgh songs. I had it ranked #12 on my list of Flans songs though that needs to be completely reworked to include Join Us. This is a song I enjoy as a whole package. Great melody, strong, full instrumentation and interesting lyrics. This is also pretty high on my list of songs I'd love to hear live someday. So you know, if anyone out there with any influence is listening.....

2 comments:

  1. This made my top Flansburgh songs too (though Join Us and ARNATQ would change that old list dramatically -- I adore so many of the Flansburgh songs on those albums!). However, I recall that I didn't particularly like it at first, though I can't now for the life of me imagine why. I find it so catchy now. Anyway, this is also one I would love to hear live some day -- especially after a full day's drive to a show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, are there people with influence over this watching the blog? I'm personally terrified then!

    Yes, AKA Driver is pretty good. John Henry is a good Flansburgh album...

    ReplyDelete