Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Song of the Day - Day 366

Today's song is...


I'm All You Can Think About


Would everyone please join me in wishing the Song Of The Day feature a very happy first birthday!! Twas exactly a year ago that I was trying to figure out what to do with the blog while the band was on tour hiatus and I got the idea to feature a different random song every day. I think it has worked out pretty well all things considered. And I figure there are still enough songs left for me to get probably another year out of it, though I may eventually need to adjust the selection process to make things a little faster.

Anyway, for today's song I thought about hand selecting something but I also wanted to see what the randomizer turned up on its own. And I didn't think it's selection was half bad so I went with it. I find this song amusing and an excellent example of Linnellian word play. And all set to incredibly strong instrumentation and melody, especially considering it's just a B-side (or what I think of as a B-side anyway, it being a song from an EP). And I figure for all of us band obsessed, TMBG junkies, the song is rather appropriate (if exaggerated). So here's to another year of being obsessed with a pretty great band. I'm glad we're all in it together.

2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Kinda hard to believe we've been at this SOTD thing for a year now. And then again, kinda not. And Kudos to the Wiki randomizer -- this song is perfect to demonstrate the (ahem) _dedication_ we all have to thinking about this band every damn day. :-) And I really like this catchy tune too -- and the video (especially the part where the subject is "concentrating" on a cat). Glad we TMBG junkies can unite here. The 1st anniversary of SOTD is a good time to thank you again, Kelly, for maintaining this blog. So -- THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, SOTD! Blow out the candles! You're one year old!

    I used to really like this song and I'm not sure if I do anymore. It's not unpleasant, just... Linnell's written better stalker/creepy songs, I think.

    ReplyDelete