Saturday, April 7, 2012

Song of the Day - Day 509

Today's song is...


West Virginia


Why, hello favorite State Song! I am pretty convinced my love of this song stems from the first time I saw Linnell perform it. He just got so into it. It was captivating. That sounds corny but it's true. When he sang the last "sugar maple" line he tilted and popped his head in that totally Linnell way and I swear there were audible squeals and women swooning in the crowd. Not to mention the fact it is just a great song with intriguing lyrics and a very trippy sounding synthesizer effect. I'm not sure this is actually my favorite State Song musically (that honor may go to South Carolina) or even vocally (Montana wins that one), but for sentimental value this one can't be beat.

1 comment:

  1. I regret not being able to hear this or Unsupervised live. I totally know the head tilt you mean. It makes me giggle.

    I really love JL's voice in this song. It falls somewhere between comforting and powerful.

    ReplyDelete