Sunday, April 1, 2012

Song of the Day - Day 503

Today's song is...


She Thinks She's Edith Head


I have never liked this song. I don't know quite what it is about it, but it has always rubbed me the wrong way. For a long time I listed this as my least favorite TMBG song, but over time I have come to realize that isn't true. For one, I have found other songs I like less. And for another, I have gained a certain level of appreciation for this one thanks to a heart felt defense of it by one of my close friends. For the first time I really set aside my dislike and just listened to it, comparing both versions and discovering there were some likable aspects to the song. And it was also through this deeper listening that I finally paid attention to the spoken parts at the end, and for the first time realized that Dan Miller can be heard shouting "One more. One more. Go!" in the background. It survived in both versions of the song but is all the more amusing in the LTW version where he interrupts Flans. For that alone, there is a very small part of me that will always have a soft spot for the song. Or at least for the end of it anyway ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment