Friday, September 24, 2010

Stage Announcements - 9/24/10

Most of the news from this week came out early so I am sure you have already seen it, but I'll reiterate here anyway.


Linnell is the Geek of the Week over on Geek Girls on the Street. You can read their interview with him here. (I especially like the part about Hot Dog! for some reason.)

http://geekgirlonthestreet.com/2010/09/20/john-linnell-they-might-be-giants/

Linnell was also interviewed on the Lab Out Loud podcast this week. It's a great interview, very science heavy with some good insights into the creation of Here Comes Science.

http://laboutloud.com/2010/09/episode-49-science-we-can-listen-to/

DC Urban Dad interviewed Flansburgh and managed to get pretty much the best quote ever in answer to the question "If you had to sum up your life to date in three words what would they be?"

http://mattnando.typepad.com/dcurbandad/2010/09/im-still-kinda-in-shock.html

In a slightly odd tidbit, it seems that the Johns and Marty played a private event last weekend at party celebrating the opening of a bakery called The Cupcake Corral in Maplewood, NJ. I would have liked to have been there if free cupcakes were available. There is a picture from Twitter here: http://yfrog.com/n0bwykj.


This weekend is our big 4 TMBG show bash. Three new songs promised tonight and tomorrow and three never played before kid songs on Sunday plus an appearance by Robin whom I have never seen before. I am so excited I am almost vibrating. Stay tuned here throughout the weekend for write-ups, etc. I'll update the wiki too if someone else doesn't get there first.

In the words of John Flansburgh, "Rock, Rinse, Repeat."

2 comments:

  1. YAY it's so soon! Robin is fun, I've seen her a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that I'm also super-excited for recaps and new songs? Though I had vowed to be surprised with the new songs when I see them next, that promise will probably be broken.

    And I'm a little sad that I can't go to Town Hall. Heck, I live here, I just don't have a job yet, so I had to pick and choose. :/

    I'll see some of you guys at the Port Washington show though, no? :D Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete